Wednesday, December 03, 2008

To Be or Not To Be

Whoever said homosexuality is a choice must be out of his mind, for how can anyone ever choose a life that is different, a life full of fear and uncertainties, a life that is lonely at times because of all the suffering and pain one has to endure because of the very connotation of the label.

Why people persist on seeing this as a choice is no mystery; for it serves to satisfy and protect the righteousness of ethics and conduct. The law of morals and logic dictates that no one has the right to put in question the essence of a person; but it is just, proper and right to measure one’s choices within the justice of common morals and standards.

I say it is not a choice I made; my being gay is the essence of my being and as such I don’t have to explain my existence; I have the right to demand respect for my being, just as I respect everyone else’s existence.

No comments: