Tuesday, December 09, 2008

That Four-Letter Word


Aeriths Theme (Piano Version) - Uematsu Nobuo

Curse that 4-letter word!
Love is a word we can do without...

~

I thought that distraction was the key.

Just bury my head in work,
have fun with material things,
drown myself with hobbies,
drug myself with laughter,
enjoy the company of faceless strangers...
and the word will become obsolete
and I can completely ignore it...

~

But at night when I lie in bed,
its definition echoes in my head
and haunts my very being,
the truth that makes my eyes flood...

~

I can touch this space beside me...
I can feel this void inside my heart...
I can see this darkness inside my soul...
I feel so empty it’s consuming me...

~

I WAS WRONG...

i need someone to witness my life...
i need someone to resuscitate my hope...
i need someone to restore my faith…
i need someone to complete my soul...

~

Will you be that someone?

No comments: