Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Leap of Faith




The dictionary defines superstition as a belief or notion, not based on reason or knowledge, in or of the ominous significance of a particular thing, circumstance, occurrence, proceeding, or the like.

As much as I would like to think, and even to a certain extent deny, a part of me is really that, a tad bit superstitious.

I have been troubling and agonizing over a decision these past few weeks, and I went to an intuitive reader to find out if what I was planning to do would be beneficial for my career. The cards said yes. Still, I had dilly-dallied about making the actual move for another few days. Mainly due to doubts on whether I can do it.

But lo and behold, I got this text message early this morning, I knew I saved the message and have actually read it over and over again, but I can’t seem to find it now. The message is my horoscope talking about me, that I “should take the leap of faith…” that I shouldn’t be afraid of change, for it will be for the better.

Creepy, for this is exactly the fear and conflict that has been piercing and twisting my head over this decision.

Yes, indeed, this will be a leap of faith.

God knows that I have the faith, I just hope to find the strength to leap.