Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The (Ear)Ring

I was in a meeting with my new boss last week, along with a few Department Heads from our Company. Somehow, the discussion veered towards how I used to wear a silver earring on my left ear. My boss was somewhat surprised because I guess it didn't match her perceived personality of me.


She turned to me and said, "Naku, Eric. Huwag mo na isusuot ulit yun ha. Kasi alam mo naman...."


I answered, "Ma'am, wala na po yung phase na yun. Ingat din ako sa image ng Department natin kasi nga we are perceived as the 'bad guys' in the organization..."


She countered, "No, no no. That's not what I meant. Kasi, I am trying to dispel this notion and perception that we are 'all female' in the department..." (background, there are only 5 men in our department, two of them are openly gay)


I almost choked on the iced tea that I was drinking. Ang nasabi ko lang was, "Oh..."


Kasi, little did she know that there was a third... hahaha...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fair words never hurt the tongue.