Thursday, January 22, 2009

Type 3 (The Achiever) and Type 9 (The Peacemaker)

I saw this personality test from a friend's site (thanks Tobie). I am surprised, though, that two personality traits came out. Does that mean I have a split personality? Hehehe. You be the judge?


===========================


The Achiever (the Three)


Achivers are energetic, optimistic, self-assured, and goal oriented.



How to Get Along with Me



  • Leave me alone when I am doing my work.

  • Give me honest, but not unduly critical or judgmental, feedback.

  • Help me keep my environment harmonious and peaceful.

  • Don't burden me with negative emotions.

  • Tell me you like being around me.

  • Tell me when you're proud of me or my accomplishments.

What I Like About Being a Three



  • being optimistic, friendly, and upbeat

  • providing well for my family

  • being able to recover quickly from setbacks and to charge ahead to the next challenge

  • staying informed, knowing what's going on

  • being competent and able to get things to work efficiently

  • being able to motivate people

What's Hard About Being a Three



  • having to put up with inefficiency and incompetence

  • the fear on not being -- or of not being seen as -- successful

  • comparing myself to people who do things better

  • struggling to hang on to my success

  • putting on facades in order to impress people

  • always being "on." It's exhausting.

Threes as Children Often



  • work hard to receive appreciation for their accomplishments

  • are well liked by other children and by adults

  • are among the most capable and responsible children in their class or school

  • are active in school government and clubs or are quietly busy working on their own projects


The Peacemaker (the Nine)


Peacemakers are receptive, good-natured, and supportive. They seek union with others and the world around them.



How to Get Along with Me



  • If you want me to do something, how you ask is important. I especially don't like expectations or pressure.

  • I like to listen and to be of service, but don't take advatage of this.

  • Listen until I finish speaking, even though I meander a bit.

  • Give me time to finish things and make decisions. It's OK to nudge me gently and nonjudgmentally.

  • Ask me questions to help me get clear.

  • Tell me when you like how I look. I'm not averse to flattery.

  • Hug me, show physical affection. It opens me up to my feelings.

  • I like a good discussion but not a confrontation.

  • Let me know you like what I've done or said.

  • Laugh with me and share in my enjoyment of life.

What I Like About Being a Nine



  • being nonjudgmental and accepting

  • caring for and being concerned about others

  • being able to relax and have a good time

  • knowing that most people enjoy my company; I'm easy to be around

  • my ability to see many different sides of an issue and to be a good mediator and facilitator

  • my heightened awareness of sensations, aesthetics, and the here and now

  • being able to go with the flow and feel one with the universe

What's Hard About Being a Nine



  • being judged and misunderstood for being placid and/or indecisive

  • being critical of myself for lacking initiative and discipline

  • being too sensitive to criticism; taking every raised eyebrow and twitch of the mouth personally

  • being confused about what I really want

  • caring too much about what others will think of me

  • not being listened to or taken seriously

Nines as Children Often



  • feel ignored and that their wants, opinions, and feelings are unimportant

  • tune out a lot, especially when others argue

  • are "good" children: deny anger or keep it to themselves

Nines as Parents



  • are supportive, kind, and warm

  • are sometimes overly permissive or nondirective

No comments: